The mission of the Superintendency of Electronic Governance and Information and Communication Technology (SeTIC) is to plan, research, apply and develop information and communication technology products and services, contributing to the development of research, teaching, outreach and administration at UFSC.
SETIC’s main responsibilities are:
- promote the innovative use of information and communication technologies;
- plan, implement and manage the ICT infrastructure at UFSC;
- define and specify ICT solutions for corporate use;
- plan and develop projects and the implementation of ICT solutions and systems;
- provide consulting services in ICT solutions for UFSC units;
- provide the safety management of the backbone and the central services of UFSC network;
- provide technical support to UFSC network users;
- maintain network and system infrastructure on a 24 x 365 basis;
- host and manage the central resources of UFSC Data Processing;
- ensure availability of data from Corporate Bases;
- integrate governmental systems with UFSC systems;
- develop and maintain the Academic and Administrative Systems.
- provide information for decision making;
- develop and give support to Distance Learning;
- provide and maintain the infrastructure for electronic identities;
- provide software regulation (equalizing the use of Free Software and Proprietary Software).
Superintendent: Marcio Clemes
Phone: +55 (48) 3721-6372
User support service: http://atendimento.setic.ufsc.br